Putting a lens on future trends is an important first step in bringing strategy to life. Now what? Making information actionable is critical for success. Here are 10 trends each with an idea to guide next steps.
1. Obamacare 2.0 Track and analyze key take-aways from early ACA enrollment experience (internally and competitors) to make in-market adjustments over the next 6-12 months.
2. Risky Capacity Risk management and capacity challenges going forward require an integrated data strategy that crosses organizational fiefdoms and forces information to be used to define Key Performance Indicators.
3. Quality Matters Measurable clinical outcomes mean establishing tight controls around payer/provider integration, product mix, business processes, corporate governance, and clinical standards.
4. Chronic America Patient-centered chronic care management is the key to successfully “bend the cost curve”. It takes oversight and education to help patients understand their condition and improve quality of life.
5. Behaving Healthy Effectively influencing healthcare consumer behaviors and attitudes takes a “medical marketing” approach that combines principles of direct response and evidence-based bedside manner.
6. Good Data Good data needs customization based on markets served, product portfolio, existing technology platforms, and most of all it’s about actionability–turning data into insights and insights into results.
7. Retailization Engage retail consumers with three tactics: deepen relationships with existing customers, expand your base through measurable marketing, and bolster communication to augment sales and enhance loyalty.
8. Mobile Health As your customers demand instant access, follow mobile’s three “Rs”–relevance, reliability and relationship: compelling content, user friendly navigation, and tools that facilitate a customer conversation.
9. Socialnomics Measure your company’s social engagement by monitoring real-time information about a brand’s social reach (how many express interest) and engagement (degree of involvement and interaction).
10. Customer Centricity Improve customer LifeTime Value and achieve a superior user experience by understanding internal cross-functional touchpoints and take an outside view of their path to purchase.
We’ll see fast-paced action in 2014 so keep a close watch on the trends impacting your business and take a proactive approach to managing change with actionable solutions. Welcome to 2014!
Here’s a complete copy of TOP 10 HEALTHCARE TRENDS: 2014